We have been asked to offer our phenomenal Triumph TR6 for sale once again following a terribly sad change in personal circumstances.
Our TR6 was restored some 12 years ago for a long-standing customer. The car was subjected to a full, ‘body-off’ restoration and was restored on a ‘no expense spared’ basis. The car benefits from a fully galvanized chassis, ensuring longevity and strength, and our attention to detail on panel fit and finish ensure that the door gaps remain as true as the day the car left us. The previous owner undertook fastidious maintenance during the time the car was in his custody, keeping the car true to its original design and purpose but making subtle enhancements to the specification. A full history file is present with the car, detailing every penny that has been spent maintaining the car, totaling many thousands of pounds.
The TR6 remains in superb condition as a testament to the high level of restoration and maintenance, and since purchasing the vehicle we have used it as our flagship, to demonstrate what, in our opinion, the ultimate Triumph TR6 is. The definitive British sports car of the era, with the enhancements aimed at improving the performance, handling and reliability.
Presently, the car is undergoing a refit, including new hood, roll bar with additional centre mounted brake lamp, new dashboard, powdercoated standard steel wheels with new centres, stainless steel wheel nuts and 5 x Continental Sport tyres. Currently undergoing full detailing and 100 point service.
Engine and Mechanicals
– Engine – Fresh rebuild, covered 0 miles since full overhaul. ‘Fast Road’ specification, mild camshaft, heavy duty tri-metal bearings, overbore, increased compression, unleaded conversion.
– Induction – Triple Dell’orto carburetors, freshly overhauled, machined and rose jointed throttle linkage. New ITG high performance air filters.
– Electronic ignition system.
– Aluminium radiator with Kenlowe performance electric fan.
– Polished alloy rocker cover.
– Uprated electric fuel pump with new fuel lines.
– High torque starter motor.
– Competition specification gearbox, overdrive and heavy duty rear 3.45:1 rear differential.
– Heavy duty driveshafts.
– Grooved front discs.
– Polyurethane bushes all round.
– Uprated front anti-roll bar, additional rear anti roll bar.
– Gas ‘Spax’ adjustable, telescopic shock absorber conversion.
– Fast road specification suspension springs with selected rates to give a blend of ride quality and handling.
– Full stainless steel, single exit, large bore exhaust and tubular manifold, heat wrapped.
Body and Styling
– Finished in ‘Solar Red’.
– Original specification chromework, all highly polished and renewed where required.
– Halogen headlamps.
– Original steel wheels, powdercoated with a chrome tint, new wheel centres, stainless steel wheelnuts and Continental Sport tyres.
– Lowered stance.
– New hood.
– Silver pinstripe.
– Stainless steel tread plates.
– Full black carpet with new sound deadening kit.
– Black leather upholstered original seats, leather door cards and centre console.
– Black leather rimmed Moto Lita classic sports steering wheel.
– New RHD dashboard in burr walnut, original Smiths gauges, with chrome surrounds.
– Alloy ‘TR’ gearknob.
– USB ‘Ipod’ compatible stereo head unit with high quality, full range speakers.
– Furflex door seals.
– Chrome push button start.
– Electrics – Wiring loom heavily modified incorporating a full appointment of relays.
– Full ‘Waxoyl’ treatment.